Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yummy recipes

Tonight I made a very yummy dinner and I wanted to share the recipes with all of you that might be looking for something new to cook.  I got the recipes from my friend Faith's blog..(click here for her recipe blog).  The tenderloin and the rice were both especially wonderful and so easy.   I prepped everything and cleaned all the dishes while kids were napping and had it all ready to just put in oven when it was time....so easy to prepare in advance with very little clean up!  I put them all in the oven at the same time at 425 for 45 minutes and they were all ready at the same time...it was great!!!  My whole family loved it and I will definitely cook them again!

Garlic and Rosemary Tenderloin
1/2 cup soy sauce (I used the lite version)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing ( I used a lite version)
1 tablespoon minced garlic (or you could use garlic powder)
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons rubbed sage
2 teaspoons pepper
1 tablespoon minced onion

**Pork or Beef tenderloin (up to 5 pounds) I used a 1.5 pound Hormel pork tenderloin.

Preheat oven to *425. Combine above ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Pour into a large Ziplock freezer bag and add meat. Chill overnight or at least 8 hours, turning occasionally. Remove tenderloin from marinade, discarding marinade. Put tenderloin in a foil lined roasting pan and cover. Place in oven at *425 (ON TOP RACK) and roast for 45 minutes. Remove and allow tenderloin to stand for 5 min before slicing.

1 cup long grain rice
1 can Campbell's Beef Consomme 
1 can Campbell's French Onion Soup
1 stick of butter (melted). 

Combine above ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Pour into an 8X8 class baking dish. Cover with foil and bake @425* for 45 minutes. (I doubled this recipe and froze 1/2 for another time).

4 cans green beans-drained
4 slices uncooked bacon chopped
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder

Place green beans and chopped bacon in 9 x 13 baking dish. On stove melt butter and add brown sugar, then bring to boil. Add garlic powder and mix well. Pour over green beans and put in 350 oven. Cook for an 1 1/2 hours stirring every 30 minutes.  (I halfed this recipe and next time I would put less sugar).


No comments:

Post a Comment