Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sunshine!!!

Today I was determined to make it a better day!  The weather was gorgeous so we headed out to enjoy it!  Of course, my fingers were itching to take pics so the camera came along.  Brayden wanted to wear his new fishin' shirt even if it was a little warm for it.  He was so proud of it!


But first, the kids have been wanting to make sugar cookies so I decided we would cook our favorite Snickerdoodles.  You can get the recipe here.  

I realized I made them this time last year and everyone has grown up so much.  These were my helpers last year (on October 6th...almost a year ago).

Axton and Lucy

Now almost a year later here is Axton and Lucy "helping" me...


Lucy is doing better but was still up in the night a little bit.  She no longer has fever but is still having bad diarrhea that is literally burning her bottom.   That (along with the fussiness of it) has been the worst of it today.  She still has a yucky nose but we can handle that!


We went on a nature walk, played on the playground and ran out lots of energy!




    
















Great morning...hopefully it will continue to go up from here!

--------------------------------------------

Oh and check out my moms blog here for her account of what happened a year ago today.  She lost a foster baby to SIDS during a nap.  It will make you count your blessings and maybe even shed a tear or two.  I did :(

1 comment:

  1. yum, the cookies sound good!! Wow, your little helpers have grown. I'm glad everyone is doing better. Praying yall are all 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete