Monday, September 27, 2010

Zaccheus

This one is going to be rather short...another long day with a fussy, clingy 16 month old.  UGH.

I started off the day tackling this because I didn't get it finished this weekend.  I must have been busy wiping a snotty nose, going to the 3rd, 4th or 5th doc appointment or dishing out meds.


Lucy took a whopping 1 hour nap (divided) today folks...usually she sleeps three.  Tired. Momma.  So this afternoon I had to get out a little bit before I went crazy and it was GORGEOUS outside (70's and sunny this afternoon).  We went for a walk and Karis decided to climb a tree.  She was being brave.  I miss out on opportunities to take pics of my K girl so I snapped away.








In the mean time, I snapped one of Lucy and realized today wasn't a good day for pics of her.  This indicative of what I saw all day....


K got waaay up there!  In fact when she got up there she saw Jay coming down the street and said she wanted to wait on him to come through and see if he spotted her in the tree.  (It reminded me of that scene in Sound of Music when the kids were all in the trees when their father was coming home).  



When Jay and B pulled up, Brayden called her "Zaccheus" because she looked like Zaccheus in the tree looking for Jesus.  Ironically, me singing the song Zaccheus was one of the two things that made Lucy completely happy today (and her feeding me goldfish...I ate more than my share today that I wanted to puke!  But it kept her from fussing so I opened up!)


Tonight Karis went with us to B's soccer practice (couldn't go to gym because her arm was pretty tore up from bike accident).  We were even a little cold outside!  I loved it.  Then we went and ate at a local place for dinner where we had some fried pickles...yummy!  They were so good!  We lasted about as long as Lucy would let us and then screamed all the way home.  We couldn't get the kids bathed and in bed fast enough tonight.  I am now headed there myself....praying for a full night's sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment