Sunday, September 26, 2010

And the saga continues....

This is almost getting comical...seriously.  

This morning Lucy woke up and still had fever so she and I stayed home from church.  When her fever came down, she was happi-er but was still very clingy and wanted in my lap most of the day.  But as the day went on, she got worse and worse and soon wasn't playing at all and fussy even when I held her.  Even WITH motrin, she still had over 101 temp!!!  This is what she looked like most of the day, tears and all...


In the mean time, Lolli calls me to tell me that Karis had had a bike accident and had HUGE scrapes, bruises and big boo-boos but luckily didn't need to go to a doctor or hospital.  Thank you Jesus!

Lucy had a poopy and brought me this today...

I managed to snap a few after her bath today when she was feeling ok...

I soon realized the antibiotic she was on wasn't working and this has happened with this particular one once before.  So I called the minor med we went to last night and they wouldn't change her antibiotic, but told me to go to the ER.  SOOOO frustrating! So I took her to a different minor med here in town because they were about to close and I knew if I didn't get her antibiotic changed tonight, it would be a long night!!!  We waited for a while and then she had 2 rounds of diarrhea that soaked her clothes.  The only set of clothes I had was a summer outfit and it is almost COLD here today.  Oh well...it had to do.

When we finally saw the doctor she took Lucy's blood and then checked her out.  She said she had bad ears and a viral infection and sent us out with THREE more prescriptions!!!  I headed over to the only pharmacy open (across town) and was told it would be another 1.5 hours before it was finished.  So I wasted some time at Target, got back to Walgreens and found out my insurance company paid very little and the new antibiotic was going to cost me $76!!! And that was just one out of the three.  So after I puked in my mouth a little and/or had a heart attack, I paid it and headed out the door.  THEN I get to the car and realized they only filled 2 out of the 3 prescriptions.  So I went BACK in and had to wait for them to fill the last one.  See all the EIGHT prescriptions we have had filled in 24 hours?!  
Not all are even pictured here.

I mean does it ever end???  Maybe tomorrow is the day...the day everyone starts to get back to normal and I hope to not see a doctor or any medicines for a long time!!!  We are praying for some good rest tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment