Saturday, September 11, 2010

My STAR student

Karis came home Friday afternoon with this note saying she had been selected for the first Star Student of the year.  I was so excited (probably more than she was) because that is such an honor.  I am so proud of my girl...she is one of only 2 in her class that haven't pulled a banana....per Karis.
        

She had a poster she had to decorate this weekend about herself. So she has been working on it off and on since then.  She has finally finished it and did a MAH-VE-LOUS job I must say.
Let me add here that I am a licensed, but not practicing teacher.  I have taught for 6 years and I used to despise when projects were due and kids would come in and you could tell they didn't do it; their parents had done it.  So I made Karis do this whole thing herself.  This is entirely her project.  The only thing I did was cut the pics for her and write the words on another piece of paper for her to copy onto the poster. No, it's not perfect and the perfectionist in me was dying but I resisted.  It is HER project, not mine.  She did a GREAT job.

A work in progress...



When I grow up...I want to be a GYMNASTICS TEACHER!

My favorite food is....TURNIP GREENS!  Seriously they are.   She will eat 4 helpings when I cook them!

My friends are...Mari-Morgan, Ellie, Maddie, Morgan, Kendall, and Kayla.  My Pet...I don't have one.  

My favorite color...blue.  My favorite book...the Bible.

My STAR STUDENT!


Finished product...

Oh and for a "happy" for her good behavior in school, I took her shopping last night and she picked out this "star" purse.  She has it full of makeup, a wallet, a mirror and a cell phone.  Oh and she even took it fishing today.  You can see that here.


SOOOO proud of my STAR STUDENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment