Friday, August 20, 2010

The Letter L and 900!

Well the homework has officially begun.  Karis came home with this in her backpack and honestly I was kind of excited that my baby is really learning and beginning to read.  Ok so just 3 sight words but you got to start somewhere right?!

        

I am not going to post these every week but I wanted to have something to look back on at the end of the year to compare her work with.  They have been working on the letter "L" this week and these are some of her masterpieces.

This next one is my favorite.  As Karis was telling us about each one, she said about this one..."Mom nobody else was doing this one right and my teacher wanted to see mine to show everyone!"  That's my girl! :)


------------------------

Tonight we spent some time together as a family.  I have looked forward to this all week.  We played outside for a while (we were dying out there!) while Karis was practicing riding her bike without training wheels.  She finally "got it" last night but is still falling pretty often.  She was doing good until she fell and skinned her knee (there wasn't even any blood) and she thought it was the end of her life. haha Lucy had also fallen outside and skinned her knee, barely cried and had blood dripping to her ankles (yes she was ok).  So after those 2 traumas and the fact that we were all dripping with sweat, we decided to come in.  After dinner and baths we all went upstairs to watch a movie with the kids.  We snuggled and cuddled and enjoyed every moment of just being together...oh and the movie was just ok.  :)

I am convinced that we are "old" and certainly not cool anymore and I am TOTALLY ok with that.  Friday nights don't (and haven't for a VERY long time...years in fact) of dinners, movies and going "out."  Tonight they were spent in our pj's, watching a kid movie Jay and I honestly couldn't care less about and early bedtimes.  I am lovin' this stage of life and I am proud to be a grown-up.  This is WAY more fun anyway!  :)

-------------------------------------------------

As I was starting to blog tonight, I just happened to notice that this post is exactly my 900th post since I started blogging in 2006 (although 2008 was the year I really started blogging consistently).  I don't think I had ever noticed that before and the time that I just happened to see it, I realized I was on exactly 900!  How cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment