Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It has been an "off" day...

One of those full moon kind of days.  It wasn't a bad day at all, but it just seemed that everything seemed a little off, do you know what I mean? 

The day started off with the boys coming up with this contraption right outside the door in the garage.  I opened the door and this is what I saw.
        

They were trying to use this slingshot but you have to have 3 people to make it work so they made this contraption and Brayden was in the basket in the bottom of the stroller.  Who knows?!


Don't know why this is so fun, but apparently it is?!?!

And I had a helper...what in the world is she thinking???

Again...????

Spiderman was trying to scare me all day...

These three were the three amigos today...


And we had our buddies Marybeth and Eli come over today.  For those of you that know these two (Brayden and Eli), at times these two have been trouble!  Wouldn't you be scared of them?  Haha

Don't mind that paci being upside down...

But since Karis has gone to school, I have seen Brayden and Lucy bond like never before.  Up until now, Karis and Brayden have always been a pair but from this point on, I know that Brayden and Lucy will have a very special relationship.  He will probably forever be protective of her and I certainly don't mind. 



I have no idea why he is sitting in a garbage can?!?!


------------------------------------------------

Karis seemed to have her first rough day since school started too.  She still loves school but I think the reality of it is setting in and the lack of sleep is REALLY getting to her.  She is used to napping every few days to catch up on sleep but hasn't really been able to do that since school started.  I knew that part would be an adjustment.  Her teacher told me that she cried at carpet time today and just said she missed home.  Then at gymnastics when Jay went to drop her off, she cried and didn't want him to leave.  She NEVER does that.  When she got home I had a long talk with her and she started crying again.  She said she was just super tired and missed me "mom" because she didn't get to hardly see me all day.  Of course I was crying too and told her that this weekend we would do something just us girls to spend special time together.  She was so tired after bath she BEGGED to not have to brush her teeth; she just wanted to go straight to bed.  I know this too shall pass but it is so hard to see your child struggle and not being able to do anything about it.  I just want to take her place but I know I can't.  :(

It was indeed an "off" day for everyone.  Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment