Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fireproof.

Saturday morning we relaxed as we had anticipated all week long.  Karis gets so worn out during the week that she looks forward to Saturday when she gets to sleep in.  We took it easy, hung out in our pj's, played/worked outside a little.
        

Soon after Karis said, "I want to go see Lolli!"  So I handed her the phone and mom said, "I can meet you at 1:00 (with bells on!)."  So all the kids went to Lolli's for the night and Jay and I were excited to get to go out on a date!

We went to Outback which used to be one of our fav restaurants but the last couple of times we have been disappointed in the steaks, as we were this time as well.  But it was fun to get out of the house and spend time together and have adult conversation.  I haven't seen Fireproof since we saw it in the theater and have wanted to own it since.  Jay and I went to Lifeway and bought the movie and came home to watch it together.


I have to say that is one of my favorite movies of all time.  No the acting isn't Hollywood in every scene but I love the story line and all the surprises in it.  It represents so many of our personal beliefs so in a way I feel like I am part of the movie.  It makes me SOOO proud of my husband and thankful for our relationship.  I know there are many relationships that have so many internal struggles that can't be seen from the outside.  My marriage isn't perfect by any means but I am thankful that I have a husband who loves the Lord with all his heart and it permeates through everything he does.  He loves me unconditionally and shows me respect in every area.  He helps at home and does things without me asking as well as "serves" me.  Our communication isn't perfect but over time we have come a long way.  The Lord knew exactly what He was doing when He gave me Jay and I am so thankful God's plan was/is much better than mine!  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Fireproof too!
    It's one of my FAVORITE movies of all time!

    ReplyDelete