Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Karis' prayer chain

Lucy sees her sissy coloring all the time and always wants to do it too.  So tonight while Karis was coloring, I sat Lucy down at the table and let her color too!
        

Lucy's first masterpiece (at 15 months)!

I got this in the mail today and I am a little confused...do they know I am only 31?!  I hope they got the wrong chick!


Now for the real reason for this post...Karis made a prayer chain at church a while back and we have prayed through the whole thing and she has been wanting to make another one.  So tonight I told her I would help her make one.  She cut the strips for us and then named people she wanted to pray for and I wrote them out and we assembled it together.  She tears one off each night when we do our family devotion/prayer time and prays specifically for that person.


She came up with these names, not me. I helped only when she asked for help.  She chose Mimi (her great grandmother who is already passed), Pap, Pawpaw (her great-grandfather who recently passed), Lucy, Dad, Brayden, Mom, herself, Lolli, Pop, Nonnie, Pop-Pop, Aunt Jessie, her cousins Katie and Kaycee, her gymnastics coach Coach Kim, Uncle Jon-Jon and Aunt Jenna, Uncle Matt and Aunt Tiffany, Uncle Allen, Grandmother and Pinto, Grace, Levi and Lindsey and their baby, Matt and Megan  and unborn Gideon, her Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Latham and assistant Mrs. Amy, her friends at school, our Pastor Brian, and Pastor David (worship leader).





I am so proud of this girl!  I hope the Lord continues to give her a heart for the Lord and for others and that the Lord will save her at a young age.

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  Mark 11:24

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

"If you believe, you will recieve whatever you ask for in prayer."  Matt. 21:22

1 comment:

  1. Karis is so precious! I LOVE this! What a blessing it is to be prayed for by such a precious girl

    ReplyDelete