Thursday, August 5, 2010

First day of Kindergarten

Dear Karis,

It seems as if it was yesterday that you were born and made your daddy and I the happiest parents alive.  You melted our hearts from the moment we found out we were expecting you and the love we had for you exploded the moment we saw your beautiful little face.  I have enjoyed getting to watch all of your firsts, see you crawl, walk, try new things, make friends, and grow up.

Today you start Kindergarten and you are SOOO excited.  We have talked about this for months and dreamed of what it will be like and how fun it will be.  I have no doubt you will be a great student!  You are such a good helper, polite, respectful and you love to make people happy.  I know Mrs. L will enjoy having you in her class and I do hope that she adores you as much as we do and appreciates the moments she has with you.

I look forward to seeing your face light up as you learn and try new things.  I long to see you succeed in things as well as not succeed, knowing that you will not give up but get up and try again.  It will be the hardest thing for me to let go and not "help" you through every season of your life.  I know you have to learn on your own, it is part of growing up.

I know you will LOVE school and I can't wait to hear all about your day.  You are not my baby anymore and today is a big step of "growing" up.  I relinquish my mommy grip of you knowing that you are in the best hands possible...the hands of Jesus.  I can only hope and pray that you recognize that I can't protect you every step of the way, but HE can.  In HIM I put my trust.  I pray that He will protect you, guard your heart, and teach you to trust in Him when we can't be there for you.

I love you Karis and want you to know that your daddy and I are SOOOO very proud of you and always will be.

With all my heart,
MOM

(Now I must go take a steamy shower because I am a snotty, cry baby right now!  I must get it together before tomorrow!)


To My Sweet Karis,
I too remember the day you were born.  If seems like only yesterday that your mom and I were bringing you home from the hospital.  (Your mom was SO NERVOUS to have you home all to ourselves..... afterall, you are are first child and we weren't sure how to take care of you :).

You have been such a special little girl.  But your growing up.  Your heart is so soft and tender and you always look for ways to please mom and I.  You are a GREAT helper with your brother and sister and you make the best Play-do meatballs' ever!  You rarely need correcting and you make us so happy.

So, tomorrow, I have no doubt that you are going to have a GREAT first day of school.  I know that you will "see" the other boys and girls in your class the way Jesus does and love them in-spite their differences.  My prayer for you continues to be that the Lord would mold you and shape you into the young princess the Lord wants you to be.  Tomorrow, for mom and dad, is a big day because we are "releasing" a little bit of control and protection we think we have right now for you........but tomorrow is really just another stepping stone in that journey for you.

I love you sweet heart and am so proud to be "Karis' Daddy"

(PS- your mom is really crying right now.....hehe)


DAD

1 comment:

  1. ok, i have never met karis, but i am crying now, too, thinking about my boys starting to school in 3 years! God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete