Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day!

I just want to begin by saying "Thank You!" to all of our servicemen for their dedication and sacrifice for our country.  I know I take it for granted and forget that FREEdom isn't free.  It costs time away from families and sometimes it costs lives.  I also want to say thank you to their spouses for the sacrifice you make as well.  I know it is so hard having your spouse away for weeks, months or even years at a time.  You deserve to be honored today.

We enjoyed a quick swim this morning with some buddies until we got rained on by a quick storm that came through after lunch...it was fun while it lasted!
        


Brayden's new buddy Mr. Froggy



Ellie...


My Lulu..it looks like she is doing a dance here haha!


Warming up on the concrete...the water is still a little chilly!


For some reason, there was a fascination with my sunglasses today by all of my children.  Lucy is trying to put them on here.  She hasn't quite figured it out haha!




Lucy is getting so much better at walking.  She walked most of the time at the pool today.


The sweet girls...


And the crazy boys...these 3 amigos are T-R-O-U-B-L-E!  The younger two are the main culprits...when these two get together, we have to keep a close eye on them!

One thing I LOVE about swimming is that it wears the kids out!  We came home, took baths, ate lunch and the kids fell asleep on their own without me telling them to about 3:00.  I woke them up at 6:00 when dinner was ready and Brayden still didn't wake up.  I woke him up 2 more times after that but he still didn't wake up.  Yes, he is ok, he does this every now and then and catches up on his sleep.  And we are ALL thankful when he does haha!  Since then I have been to Wal-mart (by myself...yep it was nice), unloaded groceries and it is now 9:30 and he is still sleeping.  I guess he is down for the night.  I am sure he will catch up on his missed meal tomorrow.  He ought to be in a GREAT mood in the morning!

Gotta run...Jay and I are taking advantage of this special time with Karis and finishing up Charlie and the  Chocolate Factory.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment