Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our weekend in Corinth

After another day of watching the crazy weather (which you all know by now I despise)...

Jay had a conference to go to on Friday and Saturday, but as soon as it was over on Saturday we met him and headed out of town to Corinth to see Jay's parents.

It was planned to leave at naptime and it worked!  Check out this quiet car!
       




At Nonnie's house, Lucy found the box of produce and LOVED the lemons.  At first we thought she was just gnawing on it but soon realized she was actually biting into it when we suddenly started smelling the lemons!



One of the reasons we went to Corinth this weekend was that Jay's sister Kelly was in town.  She lives in Hawaii and has two beautiful girls that were home with dad so we didn't get to see them.  We had an incredible time with her and loved getting to hang out.  We haven't actually seen her since we got married in 2003!  But she is moving closer soon so hopefully we will see her more soon!

Here she is playing Make it or Break it with B...


And Lucy wasn't lacking for attention with Aunt Juju there...


And Pop-Pop getting in his snuggles...


While Brayden and Karis helped Nonnie make homemade, healthy ice cream.  And it was soooo good!  I will try to get the recipe and post it soon!



Then Aunt Jessie painted Karis' nails while eating her ice cream.  Does it get any better than this???


Then Karis snuggled with the dog Tess while watching cartoons....


Sunday we got up and planned to go to church but it was so flooded, even church was cancelled!  I have never seen floods like this before!  So we hung out at Nonnie's for a while until it slowed down and then we went to hang out at Grandmother Lucy's house.


I stole these from my sis-in-laws facebook because I didn't take any with my camera.  Shocking...I know!




Lucy was kissing the bear...


And Grandmother Lucy was giving Lucy cake!  And she loved it of course!  I mean who wouldn't LOVE anything Grandmother cooked!


Lucy hangin' out with Pinto...


Oh and on Saturday Kelly ran a 10K race and won 3rd place in her division!  Go Kelly!  Doesn't she even look gorgeous in running clothes and no make-up???  


On our way out we went to my mother-in-laws store and found lots of goodies!  I am sad to say I didn't get any pics of me and Jay with Kelly :(.   But, this is Kelly and Lucy before we left...


And due to the fact that my Bible has torn to pieces lately, I decided to get one of these covers....

Isn't it adorable??? 

We had a blast and loved getting to see Jay's family and Kelly!  We look forward to July when all of the sisters and kids will be together for the first time ever!  Yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment