Saturday, May 22, 2010

Relaxing Saturday

My day started off early this morning due to a dentist appointment at 8 a.m....ugh!  But before that, I headed over to Old Navy for the $1 flip flops.  However I got there with only 30 minutes to spare before my dentist appointment and there was no way I would make it through the lines before then, so I had to drop my flip-flops and leave.  You would not believe the people that were fighting over $1 flops at 7 in the morning!!!

I survived my dentist appointment...(have I mentioned that I DESPISE the dentist?).  I am sure I am not alone in this but there is something so awful about paying someone to make you lie down in a very vulnerable position, open wide like a fish and let them put very sharp tools all in your mouth?  Yea not my idea of a good time.  But I did have a very good talk with the dental assistant about the Lord and missions....you know, when I didn't have a sharp tool in my mouth of course.  They couldn't find my insurance of course, I waited for nearly 10 minutes (with people waiting behind me) for her to look it up...only to find out that I owed $0!  Yah!  So I survived, had clean teeth, and it was free!  More than anything, I was glad ecstatic that it was OVER!

Then I headed back to Old Navy to wait in those ridiculous lines for flip-flops.  Only to find out this time that they wait was not bad at all this go-round!   I wound up with this collection for our crew for only $11!
        


Since I didn't have the kids today, I rode around for a while and hopped in and out of some shops that I never get to go in with 3 children.  I have forgotten how nice it is to ride by myself, not have to talk to anyone, listen to adult music other than KidSongs or the Chick-fil-A VeggieTales cd and get to go in shops I want to go in and not have to carry diaper bags, look at the toys (are there any other moms out there that hate this too?) and buckle kids up a hundred times.

I got home a little before lunch, Jay and I ate a sandwich real quick and headed to the Outlet malls.  There weren't too many things to find today...I got a shirt, one pair of jeans and a pair of sandals.  There wasn't even much for the kids either, but it was fun.

Then Jay got the idea to go to the nearby Riverpark because I took the kids once but he had never been.  We were foot loose and fancy free today so we went!  I had no idea what the next couple of hours had in store!  We walked out on the dock for a few minutes, talked and looked at the water/scenery.
        



Then we decided to pull up our car closer to the museum and go in and look around.  As we were getting out of our car, an elderly man pulled up in a golf cart and said, "Hop on in...I'll take you to the door!"  So we hopped on in thinking what a nice gesture.  He pulled up to the door and said, "Yall got your tickets yet?"  Jay said, "No sir we don't."  Then the old man said, "Well then come ride with me!"  And then he just kept on driving.  We didn't really have an option...so we shrugged and went along for the ride.  This old man reminded me so much of Jay's granddad that passed away recently.  He told story after story and they were very interesting and he had such an incredible sense of humor and was hilarious!  He kept us laughing the entire time.  He took us around the whole place and gave us a tour and even took us lots of places that were off limits to the general public.  After we drove around for a while, we asked, "So do you work here?"  Then he replied, "Oh I run this place!" Haha we had no idea the director of the whole place was giving us the grand tour!


Part of the main road was blocked off because of the recent floods and this is the aftermath...


Then he and Jay got to talking about fishing and he told us that Bill Dance was his best friend!  Then they got to talking about Alligator Gar and then he pulled us over by this little creek and showed us these alligator gar.....

He caught me off guard when he said as we were pulling up to it..."If you ever want to get rid of your wife...drop her off in there!"  Haha!  Then he started rolling up his sleeve and showed us this huge scar on the underneath of his arm.  He said, "Alligator Gar did that to me."  Jay said, "Really?!"  Mr. Craig said, "Nope.  I just like to tell that story!"  He was so informative and quick witted.  He would make a great tour guide for real!  As we were about to leave, he took us inside and we sat down at a table and talked some more.  Jay did share the Lord with him and we don't believe (but I could totally be wrong only God knows) that he is a believer and Jay got his number and he is going to go back out and see him sometime.  Then as we were leaving, Mr. Craig gave us free tickets for the museum for us to bring out our kids sometime.  He was so nice and such an unexpected but fun afternoon. 

We headed to Sonic for some ice cream on our way home and then enjoyed a mid-day nap.  I only slept about an hour but it was oh so good!

Tonight Jay had a men's dinner at church so I enjoyed an evening at home alone and took a relaxing, jacuzzi bath, had some coffee and started a book....

I have so enjoyed the "mommy" break the last few days and am so thankful to Lolli for the much needed break...but I must admit that I miss the kids terribly.  I would give it all up for my children.  They are so worth it but every mommy needs that time to rejuvenate...and that is exactly what this has been for me!

I have been told that the kids are having a blast at Lolli's and Lucy is taking 5-7 steps at a time (she has only taken 2-3 up to this point), Karis had a blast with Lolli at yard sales today and Brayden was busy playing with this gross, disgusting, massive, flopping, adorable new pet that he will NOT be bringing home!  Let's just hope he doesn't put it in his pocket like he did last time!

So that's a wrap!

1 comment:

  1. HA!! What an interesting visit to the Riverpark!! That is so funny!!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your Mommy break! You're right--we all need one from time to time!
    BTW...I read Dear John. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete