Thursday, June 3, 2010

We're in Miami!

Today began our anniversary vacation and we are so thrilled about getting away together, but sad to leave our kids at home.  Jay's mom and sister came to our house last night to stay at our house with the kids while we are gone and Nonnie took us to the airport at 7:00 a.m.  It is always bitter sweet leaving my children at home...I miss them so much but I know this time with my hubby is so important.  We arrived in Miami at around lunch time and caught a taxi to our hotel.  Let me just say..I remember why I don't like cabs!  But our hotel is A-MAZ-ING!!!  We actually were able to get our hotel for free using our Delta skymiles and had no idea it would be as nice as it is. We were SHOCKED when we found out our room was worth over $550!  Whoever really pays that is CRAZY, but we sure have enjoyed it!


This is our balcony view over the Biscayne Bay...
 
 

Just chillaxin'...


 One thing I love about beach towns are the palm trees...love 'em!
 




After eating some sushi for lunch, we came back to the hotel to take a quick nap.  Then we took the tram to a nearby mall by the bay and saw this guy with these animals and here he was telling me "no pictures!"  But it was too late...

 


Then we ate at Bubba Gumps for dinner...I ate a cheeseburger and Jay ate up some seafood!  It started raining so that is why we look like wet dogs but we enjoyed it anyway.
 

 Our view at dinner...
 

 Then we went and got Starbucks to warm up and sat out by the bay and saw a rainbow!  It was picture perfect!
   


We headed back to the hotel to get a little rest and the view at night is just as beautiful!  Tomorrow we will get to sleep in (YAH!), eat breakfast and board the cruise ship.  We will be MIA for the next couple of days but I will be sure to post when we get back with lots of pictures!  Excuse me while I go look at this....

No comments:

Post a Comment