Saturday, May 8, 2010

Whew...busy day!

Today has been a very busy, productive day yet somewhat relaxing at the same time...it has consisted of:

  • blogging
  • playing on my new (to me) computer since my other one all but died
  • Jay went to the store for me (thanks honey!)
  • received flowers from Karis for Mother's Day :)
  • cooked for Lucy's 1 yr. b-day party tomorrow
  • washed 5 loads of laundry (does it ever end???)
  • cleaned the whole house....mopped, vacuumed, dusted, cleaned bathroooms
  • Jay and I cooked fish for dinner that he caught last week
  • took a one hour nap...haven't done that in a LONG time...It was great!
  • attempted giving Lucy milk for the first time (she had a reaction a while back...see note below)
  • pulled Jay's truck out of a rut on the other side of the lake with all the kids...it was a family affair!  Jay said to me, "I told you I will make a country girl out of you before long!"
  • cut Brayden and Lucy's hair
  • bathed the kids
A while back when Lucy quit nursing, I gave her formula and she had a terrible reaction to it.  So I switched her to Lactose Free formula and thought she was allergic to milk.  I have been dreading giving her milk for months.  So today I decided to give it a try since she will be 1 in just 2 days.  At first I gave her just one ounce mixed in with her formula to see if she would have a reaction and she didn't.  So later I gave her a whole cup and she did fine with that also!  I am hoping she is not allergic and am relieved.  A milk allergy would be soooo hard to deal with...it is in just about everything including cheese, ice cream, chocolate, etc.  I would have to monitor everything she puts in her mouth!  But so far so good...I will continue to try it little at a time and hopefully she won't react!!!  I am crossing my fingers!

Now everyone in my family is asleep and the house is very quiet...it's kinda nice.  I have some loose ends to tie up over the next hour or so and hope to get in bed soon!  Tomorrow is a big day...Mother's Day, church in the morning, Lucy's 1st birthday party and dinner for our moms tomorrow night.  It will be a great day and look for a post/pictures soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment