Saturday, May 29, 2010

Guatemala's Volcano

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, my mom, dad, brother Matt and his wife Tiffany, and my other sister-in-law Jenna are all in Guatemala on a mission trip.  They woke up to the news the morning after they got there that the Pacaya (I think that is what it was called) volcano had erupted and the whole city has been shut down.  So far 3 people have been killed and 11 are missing and 2,000 have been evacuated from the area.  I talked to my mom this morning and my family is not in danger because they are an hour away but their ministry has been interrupted some.  It has since erupted another time and even the largest airport has been shut down and flights can not go in or out.  They have said the earliest it might open up is Tuesday and they are planning to come home on Thursday.  Please pray that their ministry while there is not interrupted, their flight is not cancelled and that no more lives will be claimed from it.  Here is a video I found from the volcano...

No comments:

Post a Comment