Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mimi's funeral

It was a bittersweet day...the day we celebrated her life, yet were reminded that she was no longer with us.  She was a wonderful woman and today was a day to remember who she was and whom she represented.  She was a Godly woman and her pastor described her as the Proverbs 31 woman.

My family (minus Lucy we left her at home with a very good friend)


She looked beautiful as ever...90 years young and barely a wrinkle on her face.  But she wasn't there, just her body!



My dad and his sisters


My mom and my little cousin Sarah Jane


Graveside
She had 10 grandkids and 9 great-grandchildren and there was a rose for each one to place on the casket.


My Pawpaw died in 1995 and she will be buried next to him.


Sarah Jane...isn't she the cutest thing ever???  She is 2 months younger than Lucy and I am so glad that  they will grow up together!


Me and my handsome man

---------------------------------

The two big kids went home with Lolli so we got some special time with Lucy.  She didn't take much of an afternoon nap so she went to bed at 6:00!  I did wake her up later to feed her again but then she went right back to sleep and snuggled with me on the couch for about 30 minutes until I fell asleep!  She was OUT!  Can you tell?

Jay and I got take-out Sushi and enjoyed a date night at home.  We needed a relaxing night!

No comments:

Post a Comment