Saturday, August 20, 2011

Our weekend so far...

Recently our friends, who were missionaries in Budapest, Hungary for the past two years, are back and we are so glad they are home!!!  We go way back with these two...Jay and I used to teach Megan in Sunday School when she was a Senior and Jay used to work with Matt.  We have watched them date, engage (they got engaged in our apartment years ago...so cool!), marry (we were in their wedding...I was 8 months pregnant with Brayden), and now they have a sweet little baby, Gideon who is 8 months old.  We had them over Friday night to hang out and we had so much fun...we have missed them so much!  I made a Pioneer Woman Tomato Blue Cheese Pasta that was really yummy and Megan made a beautiful dessert!

Check out this cutie!!!!


Matt and Gideon (Matt's younger brother was the one who got married last weekend "Landon")

Me and my buddy Megan (and Gideon)

We love us some Brewers and can't wait to hang out again soon!

Karis made this last night and I had to take pics of it.  She is all the time "creating" things and I thought this was pretty creative.  It is a slide with a blue ladder on the back with pics of each person in our family on it. :)



This morning Jay let me sleep in until 9:15!!!  It was so wonderful...can't remember the last time I slept past 7:00 for real!  Then we wanted waffles but we were out of Bisquick so I made waffles from scratch along with sausage and eggs too.  They were super yummy and I had a really cute helper!

Then Lucy got invited over for a playdate with Axton today at his house and she was super pumped about it.  Here she is with her backpack on and ready to go....

While she was at Axton's house, the rest of us went out and ran some errands in town and got some lunch and then went back to pick her up.  

This afternoon I had my first training that was more than the usual 3 miles.  I had to run 4 today and it really wasn't too bad actually.  It wasn't any harder than 3 miles really and I survived!  I finished it in 37:32 with an average of a 9:22 mile.  The only problem....it says I ONLY burned 331 calories!!! That has to be wrong...my body tells me I worked way harder than that haha!

Then my hubby grilled us some yummy steaks and we hunkered down for the night. It has been a great weekend so far and looking forward to tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment