Friday, August 26, 2011

Much needed date night!

Tonight Jay and I planned a night for just us because those date nights are much needed!  We seem to not have had alot of time lately to talk and we just needed that mommy and daddy time without having to cut up someone else's meals, clean up messes and filling sippy cups ya know?!  We both know it is so important and so we were determined to make it happen even if it meant we got a babysitter.  But thanks to Lolli for keeping kids (and even overnight) for us to spend time together.

We went to Sharky's Gulf Grill and it was delcious as always.  It makes me feel like we are eating at the beach or something; definitely a different place which is what we were shooting for.  We had sushi for an appetizer.  Jay had the tuna sandwich and I had the Jamaican Jerk Chicken salad and it was yummy!




I have heard so many wonderful things about the movie "The Help."  I have not read the book but did want to see the movie.  We don't see movies very often but we thought this must be one worth seeing!  It was great...I am sure it will win all kinds of awards.  "You is kind.  You is smart.  You is important."  It is worth seeing (despite some language we didn't care for) so go see it if you haven't already!

We also went and picked up my race packet for tomorrow's race.  It is the Forrest Spence 5K and Forrest is a little boy whose blog I have followed for several years.  He lived 55 days and his parents (friends of my friend Candace) set up this 5K to raise money for the families whose kids are in Lebonheur with life-altering medical conditions.

Great date night....already looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment