Sunday, August 14, 2011

Celebrating two family birthdays...

After church we headed to my mom's (about 50 minutes away) to celebrate mine and her birthdays. (Mine was July 27th and hers August 9th.)  But on our way,  we had to make a stop by the store because we promised Lucy that when she went poo-poo in the potty we would buy her a new purse.  We stopped at Claire's and she picked this one out herself and she is sooooo proud of it!


My mom makes the best lasagna and she cooked two different kinds and we had salad and bread with it. I made this dessert...yummy!

We were sitting at my mom's house talking and we saw 3 baby deer (spots still on) in her front yard.  They were so cute and we got really close to them before they started trying to escape.

They started running and were trying to figure out how to get to their mom on the other side of the fence.  They just started running really fast along the fenceline.






See the momma in the background keeping an eye on her babies???

This one figured it out...


Finally the other two cleared the fence at different times.  I wonder if their blood pressure was up after that escape?!

We got my mom a rooster rug (she loves roosters) and the kids told her to cover her eyes and they brought it in themselves.


She loved it!

My mom and I started Couch to 5K the same week so this also means that she has now completed the program too!  She is doing so good!  She runs 3 miles at least 3 times a week for exercise.  She is running several 5K's with me over the next coming months.  But in all this time we have never run together.  So tonight we wanted to finally go the park and run together. It was a picture worthy!  

OH and she has just lost (as of last week) FIFTY lbs. doing Weight Watchers and lots of exercise.  She is so dedicated to it and she is definitely seeing results.  

AND get this...my dad is running too!  He is on week 5 of Couch to 5K and does videos on the days he doesn't run.  SO proud of him also!

The morning I do the Half Marathon, I (along with my 3 brothers) are running the Half and my mom and dad are both running the 5K that morning.  It's a family affair!

This pic is out of focus but my mom got me this shirt.  It reads, "13.1 half the distance twice the fun!"  I loved it!

Me and my mom and my dad went to Shelby Farms to run the Green Line trail.  It is a 7 mile trail one way that is basically a paved old railroad track.  It is shaded and perfect for running.  While we ran, my brother Matt and Tiff kept the kids for us.  We met them back at the buffalo, always a favorite when we go to Shelby Farms.





For my birthday there was definitely a theme...running ha!  My mom got me these for when it gets into the colder months...

Along with a Sweaty Band...

My brother Allen got me this Nike shoe accessory that tracks your miles and calories burned for you...

Matt and Tiff gave me some more running clothes...I was so thankful!  I needed them because I get so tired of wearing the same things all the time.

It was a great day and I am so thankful for my family and that we have a hobby that we all enjoy together.  It beats staying inside and being lazy for sure!

1 comment: