Thursday, June 17, 2010

A nice surprise and a visit with Candace...

My morning started off wonderful!  One thing I purposely left out this week (for safety reasons obviously) was that Jay was out of town the whole time.  He has been in Orlando at the Southern Baptist Convention and I was running solo when taking care of all the sick kiddos.  Anyway, he was supposed to come home tonight or Friday, but he and his boss Wade decided to start heading home last night a little early.  They intended to stay in a hotel about half way and come the rest of the way today but decided to drive all the way home overnight.  So I woke up to my hubby in my face at 6:30 this morning unexpectedly.  And it was such a GREAT SURPRISE!!!  I honestly thought I was dreaming for a minute but I was so excited to see him. The kids have been sleeping in my room while he was gone and when they rolled over to see daddy home, both were very excited!

While daddy caught up on his sleep, we went to see one of my oldest and sweetest friends (not old because of her age but our friendship is so old haha).  Candace and I have been friends since I was in 4th grade and we have just about seen each other through every phase of life.  We have so many memories together I don't even know where to begin.  She is such a special friend to me!  She has two beautiful children, Bo and Juliet, and another one on the way (she found out this afternoon she is having a GIRL!)

I loved this picture of Lucy and Juliet...so sweet!
        


My sweet girls..


Our attempt at a picture of the group (minus Brayden he was "busy")...


Here I was trying to get a picture of Bo and Juliet and we kept telling Bo to give Juliet a kiss and Lucy was giving "love love" (hugs) to her too.  


The blond hair and blue eyed boys...


This is our attempt at a picture of me and Candace (compliments of Karis).  This is as good as it gets when you have 5 kids 5 and under haha!

Isn't she beautiful?  I didn't get a pic of her cute preggo belly but she is such a cute pregnant momma.  It was so good to hang out and catch up and let the kids play together.  Hopefully we can do it again very soon!  :)

Candace and her husband have one of the coolest loft apartments I have ever seen!  On their rooftop, there is a pool and and a cookout area...it is so neat!  So on our way out, I took the kids to the rooftop to see it.  It overlooks the Mississippi River and has a beautiful view.  




Right outside of their building, you can hop on the trolley and ride it around town.  So since we knew Dad would still be sleeping, we decided to hop on and enjoy it. It was NOT air conditioned and it was about noon so it was H-O-T but so fun!  All the kids were so well behaved it was actually relaxing.  We even met some new friends on there!  


A funny from the ride...when we made a stop one time, Brayden said, "MOM...I want to go in THERE!!!  Can we go there sometime?"  I gave him that mommy answer that we all give sometimes not knowing what was even asked, "Sure we can go there sometime."  I looked up to see what he was talking about and the store was titled "Smokers Outlet" featuring many cigars.  The man next to me started laughing and then I did too when I realized what had happened.  

Lucy was hot, hungry and tired, but was still so good.


My attempt at a self-portrait of me and Lulu...you can tell in her eyes how tired she was.  She fell asleep within a minute of getting back in the car.  And we were super sweaty that is why my face looks like a big grease ball haha!


The kids checking out the river...


Tonight the kids decided they wanted to put on their bathing suits and play in the water and mud since it had just rained.  


The pic is hazy because it was soooo humid outside my lens was fogging up.  It has been miserably hot this week!

We hung out at home tonight with daddy...we are SOOOO glad to have him home!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment