Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One of THOSE days...

Well vacation is officially over and getting back to reality is not always fun.  We came home to the news that we needed a new transmission in our only family car which means alot of $$chaching$$ which REALLY stinks.  It also means we have been without a car this week and have been stuck at home.  Also Lucy has been running a fever and I don't know what is causing it.  She is not having any other symptoms at all so I think it is just a virus but she has run 102 temp off and on for 2 days.  Hopefully it will run its course quickly and she will get better.  I am hoping it is not her ears because she has finally been clear for a while now and I am hoping she is growing out of it just like the other kids did about this age.  But she has been walking everywhere so that is neat to watch!

Lucy got a hold of the kids popsicle sticks the other night and enjoyed every last drop left on the stick...

        



Being stuck at home, we are getting creative with our time.  Today my little "mini me" wanted me to help her "organize" all of her animals.  So here is the final product...there is a pile for sea animals, frogs, lizards and snakes, farm animals, shellfish, whales etc.  


And Brayden dressed himself so he could go to the lake with dad...



But in the midst of Lucy being born last year (2009) on Mother's Day, I didn't even mention that Jay had gotten me a new Bible.  He sent it off the next week with a team that was going to Africa to get it covered in animal skin (my fav thing about my last Bible).  However it wasn't finished by the time the team came home, so it has been in Africa the whole last year.  The team went back again last week and I finally got it back today!  WOOHOO!  It was just the happy news I needed after being in a funk.  It is covered in warthog and is just beautiful.


This was written on the inside cover on the morning of May 10, 2009.  Lucy ended up being born that night at 7:58!


I did end up getting a few things done at the house, cut Brayden and Lucy's hair, cleaned a little, more laundry (that is everyday at this house!), bathed the kids and cooked a yummy dinner.  Then as I was getting it out of the oven, Karis came down and said, "Mom that dinner looks YUMMY!"  Then she went to grab it to look in and burned her fingers!  UGH!  Poor thing she didn't know it had just come out of the oven.  She kept saying, "I am soooo sorry!"  I kept telling her there was nothing to apologize for and it was just an accident.  I just hated to see her hurt and crying!!!  After we ate, Brayden and Karis wanted daddy to get out his guitar.  So they played with daddy and it was music to my ears...pun intended.  After a few minutes playing, Brayden said to me, "Mom you can go get your camera if you want to!"  Bahahahaha!

I love these pictures of them with their daddy...so sweet!









I don't mean to be negative, but I am just being real.  I know Satan uses circumstances to get us down and today he succeeded.  Tomorrow's a new day and I will CHOOSE JOY because I have many blessing to be thankful for!  I know everybody has "those" days and today was just one of mine.  ****sigh****


"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment