Monday, June 21, 2010

Our Monday

We started off the day at the pool with our buddies Nathan and Mari-Morgan.  Our summer has been crazy so far and this is our first official playdate....the kids have been waiting on this for weeks!

Karis and her bestest friend Mari-Morgan
         


Brayden and his buddy Nathan


Lulu hanging out


"Aunt" Paige teaching Lucy how to blow bubbles in the water....


"Cheeeeeeese!"


Ok so we were just hanging out by the pool when Brayden walks up with his hand closed.  I thought he had a frog because he and Nathan had caught 457 earlier in the day.  HOWEVER, to my shock and surprise, he was holding a DEAD MOUSE!!!!  He and Nathan found it in the skimmer and my heart was beating in my chest so hard I just about peed my pants bathing suit!  Yes I made him go throw it out but not before I took a pic of it!!!  GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Paige was getting ready to leave and was looking for her striped towel she brought.  That is when Nathan said, "It's over there in the grass mom.  We were drying the mouse off with it!"  We just about gagged our lunch!!!


The kids enjoyed jumping off the side together...






After swimming, we came home, took baths and took naps before VBS tonight.  Lucy went to bed with wet hair and woke up with this!  I seriously think it looks like a bird nest....this is the worst it has EVER been!
        



Then as I was getting the big kids up and dressed, Lucy did this and was helping herself to them....


Karis decided on her own to empty her WHOLE money jar to take to the missions offering.  She said to me, "I really want to keep it but I want those kids in Africa to buy something because they need it and I don't!"  She made me tear up!



And Brayden's offering...


Tonight Brayden had his last game and his trophy ceremony afterwards.  I can't believe he has already finished his first season of t-ball and am so proud of him!




He was SOOOOO proud of this trophy!  We went to the last half of VBS afterwards and he wanted to show it to "ALL my friends" he said.  He told me on the way home, "I am so happy I have this trophy!  I can't wait to put it on my dresser!!!"


And he was pretty fond of Alexis tonight...he kept asking where she went?!?!?!

Tonight after VBS Mari-Morgan came home to spend the night with Karis and the three of them have played so well together. Looking forward to another fun day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment