Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Playdate with our babysitting friends

This morning started out with a daily dose of "Peek-a-boo, I'm gonna get you!"  Lucy loves to play this with the big kids.  I couldn't get my camera in time but before I snapped this picture, Lucy had her head in that corner and her body against the wall hiding from Karis.   Then she would poke her head out to look at Karis and then hide again.  It was so cute!  Here they are hiding from each other...
       

And Lucy found her...Karis was faking being scared and Lucy was laughing out loud!


Lucy's new thing is to bring me a diaper when she is poopy.  The other day she kept bringing me a diaper and I kept getting on to her for getting into them.  Then I realized she was poopy!  She has done this again since that day.  Anyway, speaking of diapers, after I changed Lucy's diaper this morning, I took off her pj's.  BAD MISTAKE!  She figured out how to get her diaper off and brought it to me in her hand grinning from ear to ear!  Yikes!


Then we invited our babysitting friends to come swimming today.  I have missed them and my kids couldn't wait until they got here!







Landon (now 15 months old)



WHOA!  I knew they were glad to see each other, but WHOA! Haha


Lucy found the snacks...


And Ax came and loves the water (now 14 months old)...

(Hudson couldn't come but maybe next time)

We stayed from 10-3 and about 2:00, Lucy konked out on my shoulder and I laid her down on this chair.  She took a 30 minute power nap even amongst all the screaming!  She hadn't napped yet today and is normally used to 2 a day so this hard life of swimming is wearing her out!


We came home and put on some warm pj's, ate a snack/early dinner, everyone rested and we watched Old Yeller, one of my favorites from when I was little.  They just don't make good movies like this anymore!  Karis sobbed in my arms when he had to shoot the dog. :(

OH and Lucy's new word for today...SISSY!!!  We have been trying to get her to say this for like a month and she finally said it today.  Karis was SOOOO excited!!!

It is now 8:00 and all children are in bed on time for the first time this week.  I know I probably won't be able to sleep all night (I am sure a breathing treatment/round of meds will occur sometime in the night), but I am looking forward to getting some much needed rest tonight...hopefully!

BTW, we are still not 100% but much better as a whole.  Karis seems almost back to normal, Lucy's finger is all better but still has a runny nose and is having teething diapers that are burning her bottom (ouch they're bad), and Brayden is still on the mend.  He is still coughing (goodness..this cough may last for weeks) and using his breathing treatments around the clock but hopefully soon he will be back to himself.  Any kind of major cold/virus sets his asthma off and it seems to be more of an issue most of the time than whatever caused it in the first place.  BOOO for asthma!

No comments:

Post a Comment