Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow day number FOUR!

Except that this one was REALLY a snow day...and not just a threat or just pretend! We were not expecting this snow at all and it was much to my surprise when I got a text message at 5 a.m. that we were out of school. My response was "Why????" Then I got up and looked outside! Oooohhhh!!!! I went and woke Jay up and said, "You GOTTA come see this!" Here in our neck of the woods we got at least 6-7 inches. It was absolutely gorgeous! I couldn't go back to sleep after that so I just enjoyed a couple of quiet hours in my pjs until the kids got up. They were both THRILLED and were jumping around everywhere running from window to window.

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES!
(But I just couldn't help myself!)

The lake around our house


They loved getting to eat the snow...





After we got up and quickly ate breakfast, we all got bundled up and headed down the street. The kids loved playing on the playground covered in snow!



Love this...Karis by the cross.





Eating MORE snow...

Daddy starts a snowball fight!













Then our friends Brandon and Marybeth and kids Ellie, Ethan and Eli came over with their sled so we headed around the property to a perfect snowhill for sledding. We were so excited!

Eli ready to play in the snow...

Ethan trying to stay warm..

Getting ready to sled...

Brandon and Eli BEFORE they crashed and burned (ok crashed, but not really burned)....

They rolled over and before we knew it, Brandon was on top of Eli!

Then MB took Ethan and they rolled too!

Ethan wasn't too happy can you tell? Well he did have a little busted lip! :(

Brayden and Ethan...

Coming back UP this hill wasn't near as much fun as going down it!

Brayden and Ethan waiting patiently for their turn...



I thought Karis would be scared but she wasn't at all! She wanted to do it over and over again!


Karis and I BEFORE we slid into the woods...


Then MB got brave and went on her belly!

Karis and Ellie...

And lastly two quick videos of the kiddos sledding!


No comments:

Post a Comment