Sunday, January 17, 2010

Speechless....

I will let these words speak for themselves. This was my conversation with Karis yesterday in the car:

Karis: "Mom what is Haiti?"
Mom: "Karis it is a place where a bad earthquake (explained an earthquake) just happened and lots of people were killed...."
Karis: "Why does God let that happen?"
Mom: "Well sometimes God doesn't make these things happen but sometimes He allows them to happen for different reasons. Sometimes He does it to teach people a lesson, sometimes He allows it to happen to see if His people will BELIEVE Him and trust Him and sometimes we just don't know why God allows things to happen. But there is a reason for everything that happens and someday we will know the reasons for them even if we don't know now."
Karis: "Mom I believe in God."
Mom: "Well Karis WHAT do you believe about God?"
Karis: "I believe that he made us and made us special, that He loves us, He died on the cross so we wouldn't have to, that He gave us our house, food, toys, beds (yada yada yada)..."
Mom: "Karis do you know that there are some people in the world that DON'T believe in our God and some people that have NEVER HEARD about Jesus!"
Karis: "Mom, I want to move to Africa."
Mom: "What did you say? Why?"
Karis: "I want to move to Africa to tell those people about Jesus."
Mom: Speechless....("Me and dad too Karis. Me and dad too.")

God does work in mysterious ways. I love how my children speak truth is such raw ways. It is precious to see God working in their little hearts. I continue to pray for God to save my children at a young age.

1 comment:

  1. When God wants to do something in a family, it's not just with mom and dad, is it?

    I love watching your family and your commitment to God to raise your kids.

    ReplyDelete