Monday, January 18, 2010

A day for the kids....

The past two days has been all about the big kids. Lolli has had Lucy for 2 nights (the 2nd and 3rd night away from us and getting spoiled rotten I am sure...which I don't mind).
Since today was a holiday and it was GORGEOUS weather, Jay and I planned a fun day with Karis and Brayden. The kids love the zoo and we haven't gotten to go in a while due to the cold weather so that was first on the agenda. It was a PERFECT day for the zoo!
(WARNING: Lots of pics)










In this picture, Brayden is mocking that fish behind him. haha






We stopped to have a picnic lunch...


There is a new exhibit for the grizzly bears that we had not yet seen and it was AMAZING!!!
We saw it towards the end and if we had not been running short on time, we would have stayed there longer!





Don't really know what Brayden is making this face for...


Then on to the African section, my personal favs...



After we left the zoo, we had plans to go to the movie Alvin and the Chipmunks and then swimming but the kids decided we could see the movie another day so we went ahead and went swimming at the DAC. My brother Matt works there and they love going to his work to swim!



The kids swam like little fish for HOURS and then Lolli met us there to bring Lulu back and she was SOOOOO excited to see Karis and Brayden! When Lucy saw them, she started grinning and laughing and couldn't catch her breath she was so excited. And they were just as excited to see her. I love to see them love each other so much it melts my heart! We got Lucy changed into her swimsuit and I couldn't wait to see her reaction to the water. She LOVED it and wasn't a bit afraid.

Oh and notice she is sticking her tongue out in all the pics...she has recently started doing this and I think her top gums are itching. We are waiting on those teeth to pop through any day now!

We didn't leave the DAC until 6 or so and I showered the kids in the locker room and put some comfy clothes on them because I knew they would fall asleep on the way home. We stopped at Sonic for dinner and I promise they were sound asleep in about 5 minutes. We picked them up still asleep out of the car and put them straight in the bed. They had such a fun day but were exhausted! I loved getting to spend this day with them. I am realizing they are growing up way too fast and some day they won't want to spend time with us, so I am loving every moment I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment