Friday, January 29, 2010

Another snow day...

Well we were out of school again today for snow/ice and this time they probably made the right call (unlike last time when the streets were dry). We started getting lots of sleet this morning and had a round of snow but not much. Then it rained pretty much all afternoon and now the trees are COVERED in icicles. They say there is another round of snow (1-3 inches) coming in tonight but the kids are VERY upset that it rained all day and didn't really snow (I don't blame them!). So we have had to get creative today since we were stuck inside!

We started off they day with some waffles, sausage and coffee...one of our favorite breakfasts on a lazy day. Lucy wanted some too! She kept crawling up to daddy's lap like this...

The kids wanted to have a "bath party." Not really sure why it is so exciting but my kids act like it is a real treat! You want to know what it is? Drumroll please....a bath....with bathing suits on! See? Exciting I know.

They made a couch on the floor with couch cushions and clubhouses, did art projects, wrestled with each other, hugged and cuddled, made gifts for their friends, juiced (twice) and watched movies.

And cuddled with Lucy of course! Notice Brayden is having his daily dose of coffee...and I won't tell you how many I had today (at least one was decaf)!

Yesterday I did anticipate that we would be out today so I went ahead and cleaned and caught up on laundry so that I could relax today...and so I did just that! We stayed in pj's all day and it was great! I have been extremely lazy although I did manage to cook a yummy dinner.

Oh and some funny things the kids said at dinner tonight...
1) I have recently explained to the kids what "peas in a pod" were. Tonight we had some green beans and Karis called them "peas on a cob." I think she got "peas in a pod" and "corn on the cob" mixed up!
2) We were eating chicken and Brayden said,
"Mom do you know what this chicken was born of?"
"What was this chicken born of Brayden?"
"CHICKEN SILLY!"
(Oh of course!...I should have thought of that sooner!)

---------------------------------------------

Changing subjects, Lucy said her 2nd word....DADDA! She has said it accidental several times recently but we think it is intentional as of yesterday. She does LOVE her daddy!

---------------------------------------------

We are truly hoping we don't lose power...that is our biggest concern right now! Hope you enjoyed your snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment