Thursday, October 27, 2011

THREE days worth!

 Wow I am so behind and have so much to catch up on!  Things have been busy around here and I haven't dumped my camera so pictures continue to add up and so does my blogging list.  So today in my short break I am going to attempt to catch you up on the last few days all in one post.  So put on your seatbelt and forgive me if it is all over the place ha!

Monday was Everett's 5 month birthday and he decided to perform for us and ROLLED OVER for the first time from his back to stomach.  He had been so close and I got an attempt on my phone to send to his mom and then of course as soon as I put my camera down he did it and I didn't get it on video (literally 10 seconds later).  But I did get the end result picture...he looks so proud and like such a big boy!  Now, he is ALL over the place!  Way to go Ev!


Up until now, Hazel has been the one rolling all over the place and taking Everett's toys, now he can return the favor!  Let the fun begin!  :)

Hazel loves to take her socks off and they soon become a chew toy!

Sweet, happy Hazel!

Karis came home the other day with this jewel she found on the playground.  She was so proud because she thought she had found a crystal.  I was not about to burst her bubble...she thinks she is rich!

Hazel came in with the cutest hat the other day I had to get some pics in it....

And Everett had on the cutest outfit...great day for a friend pic!

Sweet, happy Everett!


Pics with Trey have become tricky lately because he seems to close his eyes every time.  I am having to trick him so he won't blink.  He is not here today but we will keep trying!  I made some chili this week for lunch and while all the other kids wanted "kid" food, Trey is my "adult" food buddy!  He is a smart kid and a great eater!


My sweet baby....

My Care Bear before school on Tuesday, she is such a beautiful young lady.

"Cheeeese!"  Mom hurry up and take the picture!

The other day I blew up a bunch of balloons and the kids went to town!  They LOVED them!






They have been HOURS of entertainment!

 The kids were watching a numbers video the other day and I came in to see this sweet moment.  Totally not planned or staged...so sweet.


Brayden has been teaching Lucy how to play baseball....





They have something in common...being adorable and hair in their faces haha!

Lucy thinks she is my 2nd babysitter.  She wants to "hold" them constantly and helps take such good care of them.  Lately every time she is sitting by them, she will say to me, "Take our piture! (picture)"


The glasses have been a hit...

...even if they are pink and upside down!

Karis came home Wednesday with some BIG news!  She has had a loose tooth for weeks now and at school she said she was wiggling it and it burned a little bit, then she stood up to get something and her mouth was bleeding.  She looked down and realized her tooth had fallen out in her seat!  She didn't even realize it had fallen out!  This is her 5th tooth to loose and the first one that I have missed sniff sniff.  I am so proud of her.



She also won 2nd place in a pumpkin drawing contest!  She was so proud!  
 It was a big day for her...it's killin' me she is growing up so fast!

Today the kids played in an empty box and had a ball!

This week it has been in the 80's and today the high is only 57 so the temp dropped last night.  It is rainy and looks cold out there...great day for naps!  The leaves are really starting to change and fall off the trees.  It won't be long and our yard will be covered!

Jay has some vacation time that expires at the end of December so he is trying to use up some of that time.  He has been home for a couple of days this week.  He took this picture of me and 3 of my favorite 2 year olds in the world.  I have an arm full of sweetness!

I accomplished one of those dreaded chores this week, you know the put it off as long as you can chores.  Well it was due time and I finished it thank goodness.  Loved crossing that off my list!

As I was cleaning up today, I found this that Karis had made.  It made my heart leap for joy.  I know the Lord has wonderful plans for her and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!  I just know she is on the verge of accepting Jesus and understanding what life is really all about.  

My heart has been so burdened this week for several friends.  There are TWO childhood friends of mine that are suffering from cancer right now and the reality of it has really hit me.

Jason Ford and his family went to our church growing up and he was actually in my dad's youth group as a teenager.  He was 7 years older than me but I was close friends with his younger sister Elizabeth.  We would go on youth trips with my dad and the youth and I remember he used to tease me all the time and I was horribly shy and embarrassed.  One year on my birthday (probably my 10th) he picked me up in front of the youth group and sang happy birthday to me and it was probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life ha.  His family is wonderful and he is now married now with children.   He is a pastor and recently found out he had testicular cancer.  He had surgery recently to remove it and is now undergoing chemo.  Please pray for him, his healthy recovery and his family during this time.  His caringbridge site is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jasonford/.

Then another childhood friend of mine has been battling breast cancer for almost 2 years now and is at the end of her battle.  The doctors came in today saying she will probably go to glory sometime today.  She is only a couple of years older than me and has 3 small children about the ages of my children and my heart breaks so much for her sweet family and especially her husband and children.  April and her family lived in the neighborhood that I grew up in and I was closer friends with her younger sister Amanda.  I have memories of many a summers playing at their house.   Please pray that God would wrap his arms around that family as they suffer loss in the near future.  Her caringbridge site is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/aprilkelly.

Whew!  If you hung in there to the end, you are a trooper!  We have some busy days ahead in the next week...hopefully I can keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment