Sunday, October 9, 2011

Our weekend...

Friday I survived Karis' sleepover with a bunch of giddy girly girls and we came out unscathed. :) Karis had such a fun time and for us, that is what it is all about.  Birthdays only come around once a year!

After the party on Saturday we went out to eat to McAlisters with Lolli.  Lolli ordered Karis a special (Pandora like) bracelet with charms and Karis was helping Lolli put them together while we waited on our lunch.

It is beautiful!


Then we went to see Jay's sister, Aunt Jessie, who had brain surgery on Tuesday.  She had a couple of really rough painful days but is on the downhill climb now.  She ended up going home later that night and the kids were glad to see her.


Later that night I went to get my much needed hair cut and colored (it's been FIVE months) and it was long overdue!  Karis went with me and got her hair trimmed and her feathers put back in.  Here the assistant was prepping her to get it cut.


This morning we went to church and were able to witness our friend Ellie get baptized!  What a sweet moment!  Oh how I long for the day that the Lord saves each of my children!  Then we welcomed our new music minister, Stephen into our church. :)

After church we came home and ate roast, mashed potatoes and fried okra...the typical southern Sunday afternoon lunch ha!  But it was yummy!

Then Brayden got to decorate cookies because he was at Eli's house the other night when we did it for Karis' birthday.





After lunch I went for a run.  I haven't run since I ran 9 miles last Saturday because our week has been so busy with everything going on so today I was HURT-ING!  I am going to have to do some catch up this week before my 10K on Saturday yikes!

Then Jay took Karis and Brayden fishing while Lucy napped and I even got in a 30 minute cat nap which was nice.  Karis brought back this...
Don't worry it is just the shell.

Oh been meaning to post this.  My dad gave me this locket the Valentines after I married 8 years ago and Karis has recently discovered it and wants to wear it every day.  She went and found 2 small pics of me and Jay (not good ones but they fit ha!) so that she could "remember us" when she is at school (her words).


Now I am playing catch up from our busy weekend!  Yah for school being off for Fall Break the next two days! Looking forward to spending quality time with my kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment