Saturday, October 15, 2011

My first 10K, a Fall day, and a girl's day out

I have been running since June starting with the Couch to 5K and even that was tough for me at the beginning.  I thought I would die when we moved up to FIVE minutes and then 20 was just impossible!!!  But somehow I pushed through the program and completed several 5K's over the Summer/Fall and today I completed the next step on my training to the half marathon in December....my first 10K (6.2 miles)!  

I was SOOO nervous before the race.  I always am for some reason and don't know why.  Even though I have been running the mileage, somehow a race just makes it more real.  

Here is our friend Adam coming in to the finish line (taken by Jay I was still running)....

Here I am coming in (3rd one back)...



Woohoo I finished and didn't faint, coming  in at 1:05:01.  Thankful my family was there to support me!

Me and my buddy Amy (her husband Adam came in at 59:55).

Lucy and her BFF Story

Karis made me this and I got teary eyed!


After the race, we came home and I took a shower (my family thanked me!) and then Karis and Brayden  went with their Aunt Tiffany to a Fall Festival for the day.  So Lucy and I went for a girl's day.  First I had a dentist appointment and Lucy watched intently the whole time.  They gave her a new toothbrush and little toothpaste and she carried it around for the rest of the day she was so proud of it!  Then we did some shopping and went to get "pink" ice cream because that is what she wanted!

We ended up going to Steak and Shake to get a "pink" strawberry milkshake.


On the way home, Lucy fell asleep (3:30 or 4) and SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!  Yes, she and I took a nap in my bed and then at 8 I woke her up to go to the bathroom and then she went right back to sleep in her bed.  She must have been super tired!


Karis brought home this super cute pumpkin from the Fall Festival that she had painted.  They had such a good time and didn't want to come home!  Thanks Aunt Tiff for taking them!

She got her face painted too!

Then before bed Karis helped me make a pie for tomorrow.  She is such a great little helper and I loved spending that time with her!


Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment