Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brayden's first dentist visit

Today was a big day in the Lemonds' house because it was the dreaded first dentist visit.  Karis has been already but it was Brayden's first time and he has NOT been looking forward to it...fear of the unknown I guess.  But of course we talked it up and told Karis she had to be super brave for her brother.  She even told him she would go first to show him it wouldn't hurt!  Due to our other pediatric dentist retiring, we had to find a new one for the kids and the one we picked seemed wonderful so we are glad we found him.

This is prior to the dentist visit...you can see the excitement all over his face ha!




Jay happened to have the day off today and I was at home working so he got to take them to the dentist.  I have to say that I was a little jealous because I am usually the one to take them to these kind of "firsts." But Dad needs his turn too.  I did ask him to take pics for me on his phone at least and he delivered!!!  AND he took several I was so proud!

At the dentist office prior to cleaning
Karis, age 7 and Brayden, age 5

Big sister goes first and was SO brave!

She even got her x-rays updated. :)

Then it was B's turn.  He wasn't too sure at first but NEVER shed a tear!!!

And did GREAT!  Jay said I would have been so proud!


Great report on both kids, no cavities and teeth looked great!  They both got a little baggy with a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and he gave them several tokens to go get something out of the treasure box.  On the way back in, Brayden's finger got smashed in a revolving door and ruined his shining moment. :(  It tore the skin off of his thumb so I know it hurt pretty bad.  I wished that I had been there!  :(

But we were so proud of both of them and honestly glad it is over!

While they were gone, I got to hang out at home with this cutie....

 Jay took them to Subway for lunch since Karis was missing lunch at school and then took her to school.  Brayden came hom with his goodies and was SOOOO proud.  He came in saying, "I LOVE THE DENTIST!"   And he was serious!  It obviously wasn't near as bad as expected and the thumb incident didn't affect his view of the dentist thank goodness.  

How cool is this?!  He came home with a keepsake I was so impressed!  This goes in the keepsake drawers!

Tonight when we brushed teeth before bed, Brayden and Karis were using their new toothbrushes and toothpaste and giving me all the "tips" the dentist had told them.  Brayden also went to bed with his dentist bag and all the goodies in it haha!  I love seeing their enthusiasm and honestly just glad it was a positive experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment