Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chronological Bible, a long run and yummy steak!

Friday night I went to a Chronological Bible Discipleship class with a friend and it has been one of the most beneficial classes I have ever been to.  Just to give you a little background...I was raised in a Christian home, was saved at age 6 and have been pretty consistent with my quiet times over the years.  I should have the Bible memorized by now but after this class, I realize how much I DON'T know about scripture.  This is a study (along with the Chronological Bible) that basically goes through the whole Bible as one complete story instead of separate stories.  It takes about an hour to go through the whole thing and to say that I was overwhelmed was an understatement.  I was amazed at the Bible knowledge of these women and want that so bad!  I want my children to grow up understanding scripture and want to be a good role model for them.  My prayer is that I will be the Deuteronomy 6 parent that I need to be and that the Lord will be pleased with me.  The Lord has given us scripture for a reason and He expects us to know what He says and I have failed miserably!  I am determined to be consistent, obedient, and purposeful in my studies and with my time and I look forward to all that the Lord will reveal when I earnestly seek Him.

"And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."  Hebrews 11:6

It is written by Iva May, who is the wife of one of Jay's advisor while in Seminary.  Dr. May has been such a blessing on my family in the time we have known him.  He started praying for me before Jay even met me and continued praying for me once we met, dated, engaged and married.  He kept up with Jay even after he graduated and still to this day prays for us and our children by name every day.  Every time he sees us he asks about the children by name and it amazes me.  OH how the Lord must bless such a fervent prayer life!  Needless to say, he has a pretty amazing wife as well.  They used to be missionaries in Africa for years and are now back in the States and God has used them greatly!  She wrote this discipleship course to correspond with the Chronological Bible.  It is not an "easy" Bible study and it is time consuming and a huge commitment, but it is straight scripture and it causes you to dig deep to get the meat of the WORD and that is why I love it!  If we don't know the "whole story" of the Bible then we will never completely understand His redemption story and the big picture of salvation.



His story...My story consists of 14 eras of the Bible and there are certain stories that fit into each era that walks you through the entire Bible.  It may take me years but I so desire to learn this!




Using the CBD plan, you could have started on September 28th and still read through the entire New Testament before the end of the year.  So since I just got it last night, I had a few days of catch up today. Lolli took the kids for the weekend so I was able to lay out all of my stuff without interruption (Bibles, charts, graphs, timelines, Bible study) and truly dig deep.  It was wonderful!

There is still time....who wants to join me?!?!

This wasn't supposed to be my long run today but this next week is going to be super busy for us and I didn't want to have it hanging over me next Saturday so Jay and I went up to Arkabulta Lake and ran there.  It was beautiful!  The weather was perfect and I ran across the dam where I was able to view the lake...it was perfect.  I almost felt like I was at the beach (minus the waves and the relaxation ha!).  I ran 9 miles and was struggling by the end! (Yep dates still wrong...I need to fix that today!)

Afterwards, we hit up happy hour at Sonic for a 44 oz. Vanilla Diet Coke.  I have never tried one but it was really good, almost tasted like my Dr. Pepper minus lots of calories!  Of course the ice may have been my favorite part...I always crave ice after I run!

Then we had a date night in and Jay grilled us some steaks that were amazing!  I am tellin' ya, that man can grill!  YUM!

Wonderful and relaxing day (at times...not the 9 mile part)!  Looking forward to church in the morning and a visit from my in-loves tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment