Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yep, that's my man.

Jay would not want me to post this; however there are few times when I just brag on my incredible, Godly husband.  He is wonderful to me and the kids and I could go on and on about him.  But I think I will let these words speak for themselves.  This is an excerpt from an article in our Association magazine.  My husband's boss Wade, the Director of Missions, has resigned to take a church position and in the magazine gives his story and his thanks to many for their service to him, his family and our Association.  This is what he writes about my husband....
"Then there is Jay Lemonds; humble, helpful, loving, hard working, patient, wise, insightful, honest, uncompromising, and Spirit filled; a great leader.  He leads his family with dignity and compassion.  He has served you as my associate director for over five years now, and has an unblemished track record of service and Christ likeness.   A man of whom few are worthy.  I could have had no better.  To work with Jay is to watch and hear the Lord living in a man.  He is a leader of the New Testament variety.  I am confident that he has been well trained and can do anything at the associational level that needs to be done.  He is unquestionably qualified to lead, and has the heart of a missionary.  In the past five years he has become a leader of men.  To know him is to trust him."
I couldn't agree with this more and it humbles me that the Lord gave me such a wonderful man to share life with.  I love you Jay and am blessed to be your wife. 

3 comments:

  1. I've never met your husband, but I would love to- especially after reading those powerful words! You are right to honor your husband publicly, Amanda- he sounds like a wonderful man! I'm so glad you're so blessed! (of course, I know Jay feels equally blessed to be married to such a sweetie pie)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay would definitely not want his mom to post public complements, but this one I cannot pass up. I totally agree Wade's comments. Jay has been blessed from a young age with extraordinary insight and wisdom. He is a true man of integrity and a seeker of God. We are so proud to call him our son.

    ReplyDelete