Sunday, October 24, 2010

Carving Pumpkins...

I was already awake and was getting ready this morning, but Brayden came down at about 7:30 looking for his gun he got yesterday.  I told him I thought he left it outside so he heads out to get it.  He opened the door going to the garage to open the garage door and a bird flew in our house.  SO he came running back to my bathroom screaming, "MOM!  MOM!  THERES A BIRD IN THE HOUSE!!!"  So daddy was awakened this morning to chasing a freaked out bird out of our house! It was pretty funny and Lucy was screaming at it and chasing it while daddy tried shooing it out the door.  

We then went to church, to the store and then to lunch small group.  We all came home and rested/napped which was wonderful!  Then the kids and I picked out some pumpkins and were excited to carve them for the first time together.  Up until now, they haven't really been interested but this year they were very excited and eager.  

***Excuse our lounge look...we had all napped and were comfy by this point.

The kids with their pumpkins (Lucy's is the little one she picked out all by herself)

We did a boy and a girl pumpkin.  Jay and B carved one together and Karis and I did another one.



This is how I ended up cleaning out our pumpkin...Lucy in my arms.

Next year this sweet baby will be all up in the action!




Not real sure what this face is...maybe a pumpkin face...who knows?!

This is the girl pumpkin pre-carved...

Post-carved and pre-lit...

Now he has light!

The boys lit "punkin"....

Brayden and his first carved pumpkin...


Our pumpkin...

The boys pumpkin...

Then Karis wanted to "play" with the innards again.  Doesn't this soup look appetizing???

I love making memories with the kiddos...so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment