Monday, October 4, 2010

Karis' 6th birthday!

Here is K before school started this morning sporting her birthday girl shirt....

Jay and I went to eat lunch with her at school and brought her Subway and cupcakes for her class.   
I love this picture of Jay and Karis!

My bday girl...


At lunch her teacher asked her to stand up on her seat so the class could sing "Happy Birthday" to her.  She did it reluctantly and by the end her face was SOOO red!

I didn't want to include other children from her class but wanted you to see them singing to her...

 Notice how red her face is..

She wanted hot pink and purple cupcakes for her class to eat so that is what I ordered.  BUT they were REALLY bright and the icing stained!  Check out her teeth...
There were several kids in her class that were wearing icing from their nose to chin and ear to ear.  I am sure her teacher was NOT too happy with us haha!  We always enjoy seeing her in her environment and talking with all her friends.  When we walked in with those cupcakes today, all her friends looked at us like we were superstars!  Their mouths were watering as they stared the cupcakes down!

Tonight she skipped gymnastics and we gave her the option to eat wherever she wanted.  She at first picked McDonalds and we talked her in to Chick-fil-a.  Of all the places she could choose from....McD's???  Jay says he will have to introduce her to some Texas de Brazil ha!  Anyway we ended up at Chick-fil-a and ate and let the kids play for a while.  Lucy played on the indoor playground for the first time ever (at almost 17 months old) and she toddled around like she was one of the big kids.  Karis followed behind her and helped her and she went all the way to the top and down the big slide multiple times.  I didn't know what to do...having all three kids there with us and being able to just sit and chat with my husband!  It was great! 
(Pic quality not so great...took with my iPhone)


Overall it was a wonderful day!  I can't believe my baby is SIX!

1 comment:

  1. Glad Karis enjoyed her birthday!!! It's funny what kids think of for food. haha, I would have been at Shark's or Benihana eating some good sushi!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete