Monday, April 8, 2013

Unexpected Day at the zoo

After our LONG weekend of being sick, Brayden was still weak and not 100% and I wanted to keep him home with me today just to make sure he was well and Karis still wasn't out of the woods either.  My babysitting kids were sick (not the stomach bug we had thank goodness) or absent so we decided to pack up and enjoy the zoo!  I took the double stroller knowing that Brayden wouldn't be able to walk around the whole time....so glad I did!  We never get to do stuff like this and so we decided to just enjoy it after the weekend we had! :)

We went to the Stingray Bay, the new stingray exhibit at the zoo.  The kids were so excited about it! 
*Lucy had to go potty...can you tell ha?!

It was really neat!  It cost $3 for members, $4 for non-members and it was neat to do a time or two, but not something I would pay over and over for.  Karis especially LOVED it and didn't want to leave.  Lucy on the other hand, never touched one.  Stingrays are beautiful creatures! Oh and you have the option to pay $2 and feed the stingrays too if you want.  My kids opted no ha.
*Oh and we were told that all of their stingers have been removed and they don't have teeth just cartilage so totally safe.










 





















Yep I am that only crazy momma that let them get in the fountain in their bathing suits.  Hey it was 80 degrees when we left.  Why not?!





Love making memories with my babies!  What a wonderful unexpected day at the zoo! :)

1 comment: