Sunday, April 21, 2013

Our weekend

 We had an incredibly short, busy weekend!  How is it that the week goes so slow and the weekend flies by?!  It was GORGEOUS this weekend and we enjoyed lots of outside time!

 Park time...


Jay and I were GLUED to the tv Friday watching them chase down the Marathon bomber and of course as soon as we turned it off to go somewhere within an hour they had caught the guy!  SOOOO thankful they caught him and no other lives were lost.  I appreciate the men and women who worked so hard and risked their lives to protect the rest of us.





Friday night we went and canvassed a neighborhood for our church going door to door for a block party that was happening on Saturday.  Afterwards, I met up with my friend Paige and we got coffee/dessert at City 


 I have completed many 5k's but have never "walked" one, I usually run them.  But my friend Paige has always had a goal to finish a 5K and had never done one.  Thirteen years ago Paige was in a horrible car wreck and almost died.  She was in a coma for like 6 weeks, had open heart surgery, brain aneurisms and basically lost most ability in her dominant (right) hand.  She had to learn how to do everything with her left hand and spent a LONG time recovering and still has issues that stem from the wreck.  She has little stamina and strength, so to her, walking a 5K was a HUGE deal.  I wanted to see her complete her goal so I committed to walk it with her...I was proud to do it and so proud of her for finishing!  

This was before the Orphan Run 5K...Paige is on the left and our friend Monica who walked it with us.


Proof to her husband (our pastor) she did it ha!


After the race...she did it!  Yah!

 I came home from the race and spent some time with my family and got us ready to drive an hour away to go to a birthday party.  Lucy and I painted nails...


We drove an hour away to go to our friends' Story, Meila and Oakley's birthday party and the theme was Western.  You can see pics from the party here.

Thankful for God's Word and how timely it is in my life!   The things of this world are temporary and I desire NOTHING on earth but YOU!




Sunday morning we went to church and then came home to grill out for lunch.


Sunday after lunch Brayden had practice so we all went because it was so pretty outside.  Then we took the kids to Splash at church while we met with several other small groups and had a fish fry.  It was a great weekend but SOOO busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment