Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My childhood Bible

 I am so very thankful to have been raised in a Christian home with Godly parents and had a wonderful youth minister who taught me the importance of obedience, commitment and dedication to the Word of God.  Words can not express how grateful I am for their leadership in my life.  

A sweet lady, Janice, whom I do not know, contacted me a while back and said she had been trying to find me.  She had found a Bible that had my name on it and in search for me, found me on facebook and wanted to return this Bible to its rightful owner.  She lives in Arkansas and I have NO idea how my childhood Bible ended up there.  But for whatever reason I was so very thankful she worked so hard to return it to me.  IF you happen to be reading, thank you Janice!!!

It was so much fun to receive my Bible in the mail that I had originally gotten from my parents on Christmas 1991 when I was 11 years old.  I had notes written in it from sermons and random personal notes and some gosh-awful (terrible English I know...but it was!) handwriting!  Sure am glad it has improved since I was 11!






The pictures are love-ly...way outdated!



This was a dried rose that I remember having in there but I can't remember what from. 

So thankful that even at age 11, I was consistent in God's Word.  The Lord was so very gracious to me.



This one makes me laugh...


1 comment: