Friday, April 5, 2013

Growin' in the Bible

 I am so thankful for a husband that follows the Lord no matter the cost, takes God's Word seriously and who leads me and the children to the cross daily.  He reads the Word to us, prays with us and is leaving a legacy like none other.

The children love their daddy so much and respect him immensely.  When he talks, they listen intently and take the things he is saying to heart.  



When Karis and Brayden got saved on March 18th, Jay and I decided we wanted to get them a Bible to commemorate the occasion of the day they committed their life to the Lord that they could always keep.  Jay has been doing some research on Bibles for kids their age that are kid friendly yet not leaving anything out.  Jay decided on these Grow Bibles and they came in yesterday from Amazon.

 When I showed them to the kids, they were so excited, especially Karis!  She immediately opened it and started reading it and looking at it.  When I went in her room to tuck her into bed last night, I found her doing this....

I have caught her several times this week reading a "Jesus Calling" devotion to both Lucy and Brayden.

 I recently told her about the movie "The Book of Ruth" so she decided she wanted to read Ruth and then we could watch the movie together.  I thought it was a great idea!



She asked if she could finish reading and stay up a few more minutes...how could I say no to that?!  So thankful for her desire to read the Word and apply it.  Sounds like she is modeling after her daddy.  :) I am good with that!

1 comment:

  1. We got that Bible for AG. Of course, she can't quite read it, but we really like it. So glad we have husbands that value the Word and instill it in our children.

    ReplyDelete