Thursday, April 18, 2013

Life through my iPhone

 Last Saturday night after Brayden's Jamboree the kids ended up spending the night with Lolli so Jay and I got to have a break for 24 hours or so.  It was such a short amount of time that we got NOTHING done but relax.  It was just what I needed after all the sickness and having Jay gone for almost 2 weeks.  This momma was worn out!

But Lolli sent us some pics of the kids Sunday morning as they were getting ready for church...



Although Jay and I LOVE our Keurig (seriously one of our favorite things!), we decided to branch out and try our French Press.  This is how they made coffee when Jay was in India so we wanted to try it out.  It turned out REALLY good and strong just like we like it.  The down side is that this only makes 2 cups of coffee.

Sunday our church celebrated 6 official years as a church and Mrs. Phyllis outdid herself once again with the cake!  It has been so neat to see our church grow from the very beginning in October of 2007.  We started in our living room with 8 people and have seen it grow over the 6+ years and see God do some really amazing things!  We are humbled and blessed to be a part of it.
After church Jay and I went on a sushi date...our absolute favorite!
 One night this week we got out and took a walk after dinner because it was so pretty and warm.  LOVE these memories with my sweet family!




The kids wanted to sleep together one night this week and we decided what the heck?! Why not?!  They stayed up and giggled for a while and although it was way past bedtime, we decided to let them have their fun.  Sometimes, saying yes when they least expect it is worth the looks on their faces! :)

Lucy brought home a new baby from Lolli's house this past weekend and although it is a "decorative baby" Lolli doesn't tell her no (much) and she gets to play with it anyway.  AND she got to bring it home.   She wouldn't have let us bend the rules but when it comes to her grandkids...the sky is the limit!!!  I am very thankful they love each other so!  Lucy has played with it ALL week!

This baby looks so real it is scary!
 She is constantly changing her baby's diapers but took it to a whole 'nother level ha!  She was spraying the diaper with a water bottle so that she could "pretend" her baby was wet.

My favorite news for the week is that my brother Jonathan and his wife Jenna are expecting!!!!!  I actually found out on March 18 (the day the kids got saved) and I know if you read that post, you knew it was an emotional day for us for obvious reasons, but adding this secret to the mix really did drain my tears!  I was sooooo excited to hear their good news.  I can't wait to be an aunt AGAIN!  WOOHOOO glad the news is public!



No comments:

Post a Comment