Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Two triples and a serious crush

 I don't document every one of Brayden's games because they tend to all be similar but last night's game was an OUTSTANDING game and it is worth documenting!  He ended up playing the Cubs which is a special team to play because it included 3 of his old teammates, his very best friend Eli, and a little boy from his class AND it was a nail-biter of a game!

Nonnie got to come too so he was thrilled about that!  He hit great and had 2 triples and both hits were in the outfield.  After one of his great hits he came over to the fence and said, "Nonnie that was for YOU!" and gave her the biggest grin ever.  SO sweet!



3rd base...

Bringin' it home!!!

His best friend Eli!


Something about walking around barefoot at the ball fields...it reminds me Summer is just around the corner eeek!

Ok so something really funny happened and it had nothing to do with the game.  I kept seeing Brayden running around the dugout at one point and I walked over there to see what was going on.  This little girl on his team was literally chasing him around the dugout.  When I questioned him about it and told him to sit down, he started whispering to me (and totally disgusted), "MOM...she keeps saying I am cute!"  I said, "It's because you are!"  But she TOTALLY has a crush on him!  She followed him everywhere, wanted to sit with him, and once when they were going out on the field, she kept trying to stand by him at 3rd base and he kept telling her, "GO to the outfield...way out there!!!"  It was really funny to watch but it s WAYYYY too early for this...Kindergarten, for real?!

Check out the way she is looking at him!!!

Nonnie drove 2 hours here for the game and then 2 hours back.  Thanks Nonnie for coming!

He is ready out on the field!  He LOVES baseball!


Final score: 4 to 1.  We won and Brayden scored 2 out of the 4 runs.  Their one run is the only run that has been scored on us this year so far!

Brayden and his BFF after the game!  

Proud of you B!  You are such a great ball player and even though you played GREAT tonight, you still told me after the game, "Mom I didn't do my best.  That just wasn't me!"  There is always room for improvement, but he did great regardless of how hard he was on himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment