Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vacation Thursday

Today was no doubt my fav day of the trip.  One of my favorite things to do at the beach is to get up and see the sunrise.  I happen to love mornings....the crispness of it, the solitude and quiet except for the birds chirping, and somehow it is great to know it is a fresh start.  But mornings at the beach are even better!  

This morning I got up all by myself when everyone else was still asleep and snuck out to see the sunset.  It was incredible and I couldn't get enough of it.  







Back of the Back Porch...








Then one of my favorite things we did all week...we rented a pontoon boat for the day and the weather was absolutely perfect.  I LOVE riding in a boat and it is not something we get to do all that often so we really enjoy it when we can.










Nonnie chillin' and lookin' mah-ve-lous!


Haha "Mom why you gotta bother me when I am busy {coloring}?"





The best part about it was Crab Island.  In the middle of the bay there is a strip of shallow water that people anchor and hang out.  It was so neat and we got out and played on our kayak for the day.  The water was crystal blue and gorgeous!!!





Love this picture...she looks like a model!


You can see how shallow the water was and can see the sand ripples on the bottom!

Crab Ben caught with his hands on Crab Island...


We anchored down for a while and let the kids get out and swim and play on the kayak...























Fishing boat coming in...

We saw lots of dolphins....

We came back just in time to see the sunset which was beautiful of course.  Nonnie called it a "cotton candy sky" and Lucy has repeated that 4,236 times. :)


Somebody had made a couch out of sand that day and the kids thought it was so cool.  Sadly it was torn down by the next day.





Great day at the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment