Saturday, March 3, 2012

Living room changes

I did make changes to the den also during the renovations.  I did paint a couple of weeks ago as you already knew but I tried to make some changes to coordinate with the adjacent kitchen so that the two rooms blended well. 

Just like the cornice board, I used the same fabric and made some curtains for the den.  The truth behind these cute curtains...I did NOT use a needle/thread or a sewing machine.  I followed this Pinterest tutorial but instead of sewing, I used fabric hot glue!  So easy and seem durable enough to fall apart but easy to change up if I wanted to also!  And I lined them with $5 twin sheets from Walmart!


These pics above the couch...$1 foam board from Dollar Tree!  I just cut them to size I wanted, painted them (same color as kitchen), had pics printed at Sams for $7 and put them on using spray adhesive.

I spraypainted the tray (the spray paint I already had picked out before picking out paint color)...super easy and bought cheap pillows from Target to put on couch that matched.




I originally painted this monogrammed name board black but then changed the color when re-doing the room.

I added splashes of red in the room just for a change....

Not too many changes but it does look better coordinating with the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment