Friday, July 8, 2011

Moms can have sleepovers too!!!

Paige and I's hubbies were both on a trip together to North Carolina this week so one night we decided to have a mom and kid sleepover.  Yea it was kinda fun staying up really late talking like we were teenagers or something. It brought back memories from my teens...the only difference is then we could sleep until noon and now we have kids waking us up at the crack of dawn and very unforgiving of our late night talks.

Of course the kids had a ball but they played a very strange game...broken bones.  Yea they would pretend they broke a bone and would cast it up with toilet paper and tape.  And we even signed them haha!





Then I convinced Paige that she could indeed run the couch to 5K program, much to her dismay.  She swore up and down she couldn't do it, "I am NOT a runner...I can't even walk that far!"  Oh yes you can...I promise!  I ran with her and she finished it!!!!  I was so proud of her and I fully expect her to continue even without my forcing encouraging her all the way.  :)  

  If you have considered it, please give it a try.  Half of the battle is in yours and my mind and you too can do it!

We had a cheering squad the whole time haha!

This was afterwards and she wasn't even passed out and is grinning.  Before she knows it, we will be running 5k's together!  And Paige I know you are reading this, and YES, you CAN do it!!!

We were driving to town and Lucy was jamming and dancing with the kids in the car.  She was making us laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment