Friday, July 15, 2011

Ladies' night and a new goal!

Tonight we enjoyed another ladies' night at our church and it was a good time for us all to get together to encourage one another, eat and fellowship.  Mrs. Candy set us up a panini bar for dinner that was amazing and then Marybeth shared about the future of the women's ministry and about her trip to India.  After it was all over we made some coffee and stayed a while longer eating some dessert and chatting just a few of us.  I love these women and am so thankful God has placed such great friends in my life.  

Even though this isn't a great pic, I wanted to include it anyway.  This was the late night crew. :)
L to R: Charlie, Paige, Amber, Marybeth and myself

Also today I took the plunge and signed up for the St. Jude Half Marathon.  I have been contemplating it for weeks and just not so sure I can do it.  I mean I've only been running about 2 months and have never run more than a 5K.  But everyone keeps telling me it is doable and I have plenty of time to train for it.  So it was getting full so I went ahead and registered and texted my brothers and sister-in-law who also were thinking about doing it and told them to hurry up and sign up it was almost full.  THIRTY MINUTES LATER it was full and if we had waited any longer, we would not have been able to register.  The race isn't until December and last year it didn't sell out until September but this year it sold out in July! WOW!  

I don't know what I have gotten myself into but I am up for a new challenge!  Call me crazy and maybe I am, but I am excited about it.  All of my brothers are running it with me (Allen and Jonathan running the half with me and Matt running the full), my sister-in-law Kelly is driving in from North Carolina to run it with me, and my mom and dad are running in the 5K that same day prior to the marathon. I am still trying to convince my hubby to do it too!  It's an all out family affair! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment