Monday, July 18, 2011

A random, no picture post Monday

Last night I met my mom because she wanted to get the kids for a few days since school will be starting in just a few weeks (wow where has the summer gone?!) and I was very thankful!  My friends and I ran last night (kid free) which is always easier!

Since our schedule will be off this week for our Couch to 5K run, we decided to go ahead and get our 2nd of 3 runs in this morning.  We ran at 7 last night, eating only a salad before I left, and then running 12 hours later this morning eating no breakfast but just having coffee during my quiet time (LONG post coming very soon), I was STRUGG-LING this morning during my run.  It was probably one of the hardest runs ever.  I knew when I struggling in the first mile, the other two would be torture.  And they didn't disappoint...pure torture.  I am thankful not every run was this hard!  I will be taking the day off tomorrow for my body to rest!

Today was a day I didn't have a whole lot planned but it ended up being very busy!  I hate it when that happens (it happens far too often these days) but I was thankful I got a lot done and was even more thankful I could get it all done without kids...thanks Lolli!  It probably would have taken twice the time with them.  After my run, I ended up coming back home to shower, went to pick up proper paperwork to register Karis for school, went to her school to register her, waited in line for hours to get my drivers license renewed (yuck!), planned meals for this next week and then went grocery shopping.  I met the hubs at work and we grabbed an Arby's sandwich on our way home for dinner.  I came home and finished about 5 loads of clothes, put them away and ironed for about an hour.  But I am caught up for the first time in weeks.  Then the hubs and I sat and talked for hours, no t.v., no kids, just silence and he and I.  It was great...I feel like we don't get to do it often enough.  I am amazed by that man (but that is a post in itself) and am honored to share this life with him.

I am THRILLED that our vacation is right around the corner...Florida here we come!  EEEKKKK I am sooo excited!

To change the mood entirely (sorry I knew this post would be all over the place!), I have a childhood friend Shea that lost her mother to cancer today.  My heart has been so heavy for her and I can't imagine losing my mother so soon.  I know it is bittersweet but I can only imagine the range of emotions they are going through.  Count your blessings tonight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment