Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I am my own worst critic.

***Just to clarify before reading this, I am NOT bragging.  I am actually pointing out a character flaw in myself in all honesty.

I have to admit...I am a very disciplined person.  It's no surprise I like schedules, like to check things off my to do list, and complete tasks in a timely manner.

When I commit to something, my word is important and you will rarely find me going back on it.  I don't like to let people down and guaranteed that if someone says I can't do something, I will put every ounce of me forward to prove them wrong and sometimes overachieve.  I like to be right too much unfortunately (but that's for another day).

BUT I am my own worst critic.  I was talking to my buddy Marybeth the other day and she and I are soooo alike in this way and that is why she is such a good running partner.  We don't want to let each other down and we REFUSE to fail.  Not fail anyone else, but fail ourselves.  We are our own worst critics.

So all that to say that today we ran week 7, run 2 of Couch to 5K.  This week we run 25 minutes straight which is about 2 1/2 miles.  But lately I have been so close to finishing 3 miles, I just keep going to go ahead and run the 3.  So I have been running about 31 minutes (and trying to improve it because that is slow).  I say this not to brag but to explain myself so you will understand...but I have NEVER quit early on my run because I would be so disappointed in MYSELF!  But today, Lucy was fussy and screaming for me to hold her every time I passed her on my run and I had to quit my run early today at 23 minutes which is about a mile less than my normal.  

AND IT HAS EATEN MY LUNCH ALL DAY!!!!

I was so frustrated with myself that I couldn't quit thinking about it....all. day.  So I decided tonight I would run again to re-do my run per se so I could allow myself to quit being disappointed in myself.  So being the hard headed person that I am, decided not to run the 25 minute run again but go ahead and do the week 9 3 mile run.  And I did it!!!  So that makes about 5 1/2 miles for me today (broken up of course).  I probably pushed it too much today (it wasn't my intention to run that when I woke up this morning believe me!), but I relieved myself of being disappointed in ME.  And I might actually sleep tonight....really good hopefully haha.

Our 5K is just 2 1/2 weeks away and we are excited!

So after I ran tonight at 6:00, it was super H-O-T so I decided we would just go jump in the pool with our clothes on.  The kids were shocked when I mentioned it but they LOVED it!!!


Yep Lucy is in the nude.  I didn't want her to get in the pool in her diaper so I just stripped it.  She was laughing and dancing saying, "I naked!  I naked!!!"  Someday when she wondered if she ever skinny dipped, I can say, "YES!  You have!"  haha (and I will have the blog to prove it!)

This video is hilarious...she is singing the naked song ha!
Lucy singing, "I naked!" from Amanda Lemonds on Vimeo.



Oh I had to include this.  Karis sent me an "email" today on my computer (with a little help of course) and I had to document it. :)

We have been so busy around here that I didn't even put our Sunday pics I took.  So I will include them here...


I will NOT quit early on my next run...if I can help it of course.  Because I am my own worst critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment