Friday, July 1, 2011

Big run, swimming, VBS show night, and a special birthday present

This morning is a moment in time that my running buddies and I have been dreading for weeks now.  It was the big run in the middle of our Couch to 5K training.  We jumped from 5 and 8 minute runs separated by walks to a big 20 minute run non-stop.  This was a BIG step for us.  So we decided that we would go with NO kids and IF we finished it we would reward ourselves with a route 44 Dr. Pepper.  We LOVE us some Dr. P and we rarely ever drink it anymore so it was an easy reward.  Kind of an oxymoron I know but hey....little rewards along the way are necessary.  AND WE MADE THE RUN!!! And it wasn't bad either so we got these.....

Then the kids and I went swimming for a little while and some friends came too.

Axton wearing Brayden's goggles...they covered his whole face haha!

Tonight was the last night of VBS and it was show night for the parents and grandparents.  Here's our crew before we left...





Precious and Kaya's mom and brother came too.  Meet Charlieon....he is sooo sweet!

The kids had a little performance where they showed us all the songs they had learned.  It was adorable!





Mrs. Phyllis outdid herself once again with the cake.  It was amazing!  I didn't get a pic of it still assembled but it was 3 tiered (all different flavors) and she had these little cookies on it all the way around like a skyscraper for NYC.  It was so cute!!!




Today is my friend Paige's birthday.  She is such a dear friend and I am soooo thankful for her.  I gave her the book Redeeming Love because it is one of my favorites and she hasn't ever read it.  

The girls (Karis and Lucy) went home with Lolli after the VBS show because we are celebrating Brayden's birthday tomorrow with all boys.  So tonight when we came home it was just us and Brayden and he got to open a package Nonnie, Pop-Pop and Aunt Jessie sent.  He was just a little excited can you tell?????  I don't think I have ever gotten a smile this big out of him!


They sent him a pitching machine and he was THRILLED!


It was a great day and looking forward to another fun day tomorrow celebrating my boy's 5th birthday with his friends!  

1 comment:

  1. Redeeming Love= best book ever. Congrats on the run...I am working up to two miles as well! My reward is the vanilla diet coke. Yum!

    ReplyDelete