Friday, June 17, 2011

Southern Baptist Convention

Wow the conference was amazing!  I had never been to the Southern Baptist Convention before, however Jay had.  There were some amazing speakers and it was neat to be a part of the business portion as well.  We got to see some new and old friends, all which were fun.  

There was so much information I would like to share as well as sermons from some amazing, Godly men.  However I know you don't have all day (nor do I...I am waiting to board our plane home as we speak) so I will lead you to the site where you can watch any of them at www.sbcannualmeeting.net.  Ones you should especially watch are Louie Giglio, Johnny Hunt, Rick Warren, Bob Pittman and David Platt.

Some of these (especially of the speakers) are from my iphone so not great quality but a pic nonetheless.

Louie Giglio

Jay and I at a 9:00 p.m. conference...I was beyond tired (it was 11:00 home time!).



The choir was amazing.  They were gettin' it!  Who says Baptists don't dance?!?!?!

SBC Choir from Amanda Lemonds on Vimeo.


We also attended a B21 luncheon where there was a panel of speakers.  The speakers included Kevin Ezell (President of the North American Mission Board), Al Mohler (President of Southern Seminary), David Platt (Author of Radical and Pastor at Brook Hills in Birmingham, AL), Danny Akin (President of Southeastern Seminary), and John Piper (Author and Pastor at Bethlehem Baptist).

David Platt preaching at conference (sorry pic out of order)



Before the B21 luncheon, Jay and I took the opportunity to go and meet David Platt and John Piper (two of my role models).  They are both incredibly, Godly men and I was starstruck but couldn't miss the opportunity!

Jay with David Platt, Author of Radical

Me with David Platt...he was a very cool guy and very down to earth.  I was very humbled to meet him!

We also met Al Mohler (President of Southern Seminary) John Piper (needs no introduction!).  Again...starstruck and humbled!




Afterwards, Jay and Josh met Kevin Ezell (President of NAMB) to discuss connections with our church planting network.


Tom Eliff (President of the International Mission Board)


Some statistics from the International Mission Board from 2010....





The conference ended with a commissioning service for new international missionaries which was humbling to watch.  It was incredible!!!  Can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment